Where can I find pre-1987 air carrier statistics?
You may want to check with government depository libraries near you to see if they can provide these print publications for before 1990:
- Air Carrier Traffic Statistics (Green Book)
- Air Carrier Industry Scheduled Service Traffic Stats 2002-2019 (Blue Book)
- Air Carrier Financial Statistics (Yellow Book)
Air Carrier Summary Data, Schedule T-1 goes back to 1974 in the TranStats database (click "Aviation" then "Air Carrier Summary Data"). This table summarizes the T-100 traffic data reported by U.S. air carriers. The monthly summary is compiled by carrier entities (geographical regions in which a carrier operates) and service classes, and includes available seat miles (ASMs), available ton miles (ATMs), revenue passengers enplaned (PAX), revenue passenger miles (RPMs), revenue ton miles (RTMs), revenue air hours (RAHs), revenue miles flown (MILES), and revenue departures performed (FLIGHTS).
NTL Reference Librarians provide services for the transportation community and general public. Specific services are:
- Basic research assistance with Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) publications and data products
- Assistance with access to information resources in ROSA P
- Referrals to operating administrations within US DOT
Can't find the answer you're looking for in the FAQs? Contact us for help.