Q. How do I download large files from TranStats?
- TranStats downloads of airline Origin and Destination Survey and On-Time data may be larger than the number of rows allowed by older versions of Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access can be used to open and aggregate data
- Note: If you are trying to calculate RPM's, ASM's, etc., you can't aggregate or you will get a total that's too large
Access videos and tutorials provided by Microsoft
(Note: The above private-sector site is not maintained by USDOT or any other US Government office. We take no responsibility for the content or accuracy of any non-USDOT web page, and offer the above link strictly as a courtesy, should you be interested.)
NTL Reference Librarians provide services for the transportation community and general public. Specific services are:
- Basic research assistance with Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) publications and data products
- Assistance with access to information resources in ROSA P
- Referrals to operating administrations within US DOT
These FAQs cover topics related to BTS. Please see the DOT homepage for access to all DOT Administrations.
Can't find the answer you're looking for in the FAQs? Contact us for help.