Q. Motor Carrier Financial Reports


Form M and QFR are no longer handled by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. This program has been transferred to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).

You can find filing information on the Motor Carrier Financial and Operating Statistics (F&OS) Program website at:  
The above web site states that online filing is currently unavailable.

The form is available to fill out and print at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/forms/reporting/InformationForFilers/FormM_FMCSA_11_19_04.htm .

For further information, please use the contact information at the bottom of that page, or contact Vivian Oliver at the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at:

Phone: 202-366-2974
E-mail: Vivian.Oliver@fmcsa.dot.gov
FAX: 202-493-0292 

For information on ordering reports filed by individual carriers, please call 202-366-4023. Be sure to specify which report(s) (Form M and/or Form QFR for trucking companies; Form MP-1 for bus companies) and the complete name of the motor carrier with its motor carrier number, if available.

Annual and quarterly reports of ridership and/or earnings of Class I motor carriers of passengers for 1997-2001 and annual reports of earnings of the top 100 Class I motor carriers of property (trucking companies) for 1994-2002 are available from the FMCSA web site at: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/forms/reporting/prod.htm

You can download data from the Annual Reports for 1999-2003 on the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) web site at http://www.transtats.bts.gov/Tables.asp?DB_ID=170&DB_Name=Motor%20Carrier%20Financial%20%26%20Operating%20Information&DB_Short_Name=Motor%20Carrier%20Operators

Older filings not availabe from he FMCSA or BTS may be available from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), which holds records of the Interstate Commerce Commission. For contact information, please see: http://www.archives.gov/contact/

  • Last Updated Dec 14, 2016
  • Views 3
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0