Q. Register to Become a Freight Forwarder


Freight forwarders must register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) by filing a Form OP-1(FF), Application for Freight Forwarder Authority. You can file for this authority or download a copy of the application on the Internet at http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/

Under "FMCSA Services," click on "FMCSA Registration & Updates."

You also can call their toll-free number at 1-800-832-5660 and request a copy be mailed or faxed to you.

For more information, contact the FMCSA field office nearest you.  To find the office nearest you, please consult the following web site: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/about/contact/offices/displayfieldroster.asp

The FMCSA home page, with a wealth of information, is located at: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov

Motor carrier federal regulations can be found in 49 CFR Chapter III.

To contact FMCSA Headquarters in Washington, DC, please see: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/about/contact/hq/hq.htm

  • Last Updated Dec 14, 2016
  • Views 3
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0