Q. Request Copies of Motor Carrier Documents
You can request the US DOT Number letter and Rating letter electronically via the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Licensing & Insurance (L&I) system.
· Select "I want to request a copy of a document" and click "Continue"
· On the bottom of the next page, click "File Electronically"
· Fill out the registration form and click "Submit"
For the below document types, you may submit your request via the FMCSA web form (recommended), call 1-800-832-5660, fax a request to 202-366-3477 or mail a request to FMCSA, Office of Registration and Safety Information, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590:
· USDOT number registration documents (MCS-150, 150A, 150B)
· Operating Authority (i.e., FMCSA Register; Certificates, Permits, or Licenses; or Decisions concerning name changes, grants of operating authority or dismissals of operating authority)
· Insurance issues (i.e., copies of insurance filings or Decisions concerning revocations and reinstatements)