Q. Request Copies of Motor Carrier Documents
You can request the US DOT Number letter and Rating letter electronically via the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Licensing & Insurance (L&I) system.
· Select "I want to request a copy of a document" and click "Continue"
· On the bottom of the next page, click "File Electronically"
· Fill out the registration form and click "Submit"
For the below document types, you may submit your request via the FMCSA web form (recommended), call 1-800-832-5660, fax a request to 202-366-3477 or mail a request to FMCSA, Office of Registration and Safety Information, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590:
· USDOT number registration documents (MCS-150, 150A, 150B)
· Operating Authority (i.e., FMCSA Register; Certificates, Permits, or Licenses; or Decisions concerning name changes, grants of operating authority or dismissals of operating authority)
· Insurance issues (i.e., copies of insurance filings or Decisions concerning revocations and reinstatements)
Starting Friday, September 22nd the "Search Our Collection" function at www.ntl.bts.gov will not be available due to server maintenance. We expect the search function to be back up by Tuesday, September 26th.
How to Research During the Outage
The "Submit a Question" and Reference Librarian phone number below will remain open and operational
ROSA P, our new public repository, will be available in beta version for searching