Q. Regulations for Canadian Motor Carriers Operating Inside the US


The US Department of Homeland Security produces a brochure called Guidelines for Compliance of Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) and CMV Drivers Engaged in Cross-Border Traffic which provides general information for the movement of goods and immigration

requirements for commercial motor vehicles (CMV) and CMV operators engaged in cross-border traffic.

More resources for international carriers are available from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

For additional information or guidance, your best course of action is to contact the FMCSA directly.  To find the office nearest you, a directory of FMCSA Field Offices can be found here.

The FMCSA home page, with a wealth of information, is located at: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov

Motor carrier federal regulations can be found in 49 CFR Chapter III.


  • Last Updated Dec 14, 2016
  • Views 3
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0