Q. Airport Facilities and Equipment Funds under the Recovery Act
What is the nature of the projects that are being funded with Facilities and Equipment funds under ARRA?
The projects range from the replacement of Air Traffic Control Towers facilities to the refurbishment of buildings holding FAA electronic equipment.
- Replacement of three Towers at Wilkes-Barre, PA, Palm Springs, CA, and Oakland, CA. (Completed by 2011/2012.)
- Structural Improvements at 15 Air Route Traffic Control Centers, elevator replacement at 12 ARTCCs. (Everything completed by 2010/2011)
- Replacing engine generators and uninterruptible power supplies at 6 sites. (Ready to go - existing contract.)
- Replace fuel storage tanks at 20 sites. (Ready to go - existing contract.)
- Replace HVAC Systems at 600+ Navigation & Landing facilities that are "Green" environmentally and economically efficient systems. (Ready to go - existing contract.)
- Install 55 equipment buildings. (Ready to go - existing contract.)
For more information on federal Recovery Act provisions,