Q. How to transfer a US DOT number


US DOT Numbers are not transferable. You can file for a US DOT number online via the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s URS system.


You can transfer an MC number. To learn how to transfer an operating authority (MC number),

click here.


If you are transferring a motor carrier business to a family member, or changing the name of the

company, click here.


For more information, contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's contact center directly.


  • Last Updated Dec 13, 2016
  • Views 2
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0