Q. How do I import a car from Canada?


View vehicle importation guidelines provided by the National Highway Traffic Safely Administration (NHTSA)

Questions? Contact NHTSA


  • Email

  • NHTSA Regional Offices (located in the middle of the webpage)

  • Phone (toll-free):1-888-327-4236

    • Report suspected safety defects, vehicle equipment, and child safety seats 

    • Ask questions about air bags, highway safety, and how to use child safety seats

  • Phone (Washington, DC and foreign callers): (202) 366-0123

  • Phones are staffed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m to 10 p.m. EST

  • Automated systems are available 24/7

  • NHTSA website


  • Last Updated Jul 27, 2017
  • Views 28
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0