Q. Road Conditions and Closure Information


The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) National Traffic and Road Closure Information web site is the best place to start for road conditions across the nation: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/index.htm  

In some areas you can also get this kind of information by dialing 511.  This project is still being implemented, so may not be available in your area.

For more information, contact DOT at the state level.

Links to state Departments of Transportation and/or state government web sites are available on: http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/webstate.htm

  • Last Updated Sep 28, 2016
  • Views 3
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0