Q. How do I file a complaint about Amtrak?


  • Report safety problems to the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)

  • Report service problems to Amtrak

    •  Customer Service: 1-800-872-7245 or TDD/TTY 1-800-523-6590

    • AmTrak Police: 1-800-331-0008 or Txt-a-Tip to APD11 (27311)

Other Contacts

Amtrak receives federal funding. You can contact your elected federal representatives and Amtrak's Government Affairs staff to provide feedback on travel. 


  • Last Updated Jul 18, 2017
  • Views 16
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0