Q. How do I update my USDOT Number or operating authority record?


When to update your registration or authority record with the Federal Motor Carrier Safely Administration (FMCSA):

  • Your address changed

  • Your name changed

  • Other details in your record changed

Questions? Contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA):

  • Field Offices listed by state

  • Phone: 1-800-832-5660 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time)

  • Send an Email

  • Chat with FMCSA Customer Service

  • Address: 

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20590
United States



  • Last Updated Jul 13, 2017
  • Views 2
  • Answered By David Martin

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0